Potteric Carr

A day late posting but yesterday I ventured into South Yorkshire to have my 1st ever look at Potteric Carr. The reserve is well managed with numerous trails & hides along with a visitor centre and a cafe (I can thoroughly recommend the sausage sarnies by the way!). A 3W Caspian Gull has been coming in daily there so you can guess what happened on my visit - it didnt show (apparently seen briefly at Doncaster Lakeside). I did however see the 1w Iceland thats been in the area the last few days - it flew straight over me but unfortunately kept going. Had great views of Bittern in the open and then in flight, as well as a impressive total of 14 Bullfinches, several flyover Siskins & Redpolls, 2 Green Woodpeckers & a Peregrine in hot pursuit of a Golden Plover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.