Wintry wolds

Still not having had decent views of the Wolds Rough-legged Buzzard, I decided to make my 3rd trip to its wintering area. Admittedly I couldn't have picked a worse day weatherwise, a raw easterly of siberian origin with frequent sleet & snow showers in my face made viewing very difficult & uncomfortable. Not surprisingly, I didn't see the RLB. To show how unlucky I am with this bird, I did find a raptor with a white rump - unfortunately it was "only" a ringtail Hen Harrier, actually a much rarer sight here this winter than the Rough-leg! I did clock up 3 Common Buzzards before succumbing to the weather. Snowdrops in a copse near Cadwell Park gave me hope that spring isn't far away
Here's a pic of something totally different, a Black Vine Weevil Otiorhynchus sulcatus that was patrolling my lounge floor last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.