Inland

With a weather forecast of sun, little wind and milder temperatures, I decided to head inland with thoughts of a Lesser-spotted Woodpecker or maybe even an early Woodlark. The weather forecast turned out to be spot on though there was still plenty of snow on the ground. The above birds never materialised and it's safe to say this won't go down as my most productive day in the field. Here's my sightings from Linwood Warren & the Walesby area: 2 Common Buzzard, Woodcock, 2 Green Woodpecker, 3 Lesser Redpoll, 4 Siskin, 9 Bullfinch & a single Crossbill. Pleasing to hear plenty of birds in song though (including Siskin),Greater-spotted Woodpecker drumming & a very vocal Common Buzzard. Snowdrops also on show.
Expect an improvement tomorrow when I hit the coast.

Finally, any idea as to what made these? I'm trying to improve my knowledge of tracks & signs.

I'm guessing Badger

4 comments:

  1. that be a badger..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't think there could be many mammals at large in Lincolnshire that leave claw marks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boxer Dog Foot Prints !

    Website looking Great Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Deano.

    Boxer Dog foot prints? Couldn't have been - was no human prints to go with them anywhere in the area (unless it was a Boxer Dog on the run ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.