The Tetney challenge

I've decided to commit to doing a year list for the Tetney/North Cotes Point area. The thought of birding the area through the seasons, an area that hardly anyone watches, is something I'm finding quite appealing.
 I like the challenge of something new and with the Tetney area the majority I see will be birds I've had to find myself - that should test my birding skills.
The area lacks wader scrapes and the bush habitat is somewhat limited but I still think it has got great potential so let's see if it can deliver - watching it since November has already produced Pallid Harrier, White-fronted Geese, Slavonian Grebe, Shag, Grey Phalarope, Velvet Scoters, Long-tailed Ducks, Scaup, Waxwing and Shorelarks, so there is hope.
Anyway, I've just totalled it up and I'm only currently on 83 species for the year so much to be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.