Tetney 15/02/17 - 100 up

An afternoon and rare visit to the northern boundary as it's the only part with a significant area of trees and thus my best bet for ticking some woodland species for 2017.
Weather was pleasant with sunshine and an F2 southerly. Temperature around 9-10°C and I could actually feel the warmth of the sun in sheltered areas.
Four patch year ticks today which included three i'd targeted - Great Spotted Woodpecker, Treecreeper and Coal Tit. The bonus tick was a Black-tailed Godwit on the Yacht Club Pools.
Other notable species were a pair of Shoveler and at least one Gadwall on the pools in amongst the wintering Wigeon. A pair of Common Buzzards soaring and 2 Twite over.
To highlight the lack of freshwater pools I find I still need Pochard and Tufted Duck for 2017. Also how I've not had Grey Wagtail yet is baffling - especially as I was encountering them regularly in December! 

No.100 - Black-tailed Godwit. "Blackwits" are solely a passage migrant through the Tetney area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.